[Pharo-users] Pharo + git workflow

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jan 28 13:03:15 EST 2016

Norbert,

If you were using a BaselineOf for your project then you could avoid the
the configuration hack by using the Metacello lock command[1] which was
designed to address the problem where you want to use a local git clone
while specifying project references in the configurations using the
github (or bitbucket) repository url....

I understand that BaselineOf support is missing from versionner, but
until the rest of the tool chain is in place, you will have to trade off
where you want to "insert hacks" ... it may be easier to hand edit the
BaselineOf when adding a new package or project dependency, than
constantly hack configurations because you aren't using a BaselineOf
--- but then that's up to you:)

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/LockCommandReference.md