[Pharo-users] CommandLineHandler surprises

Jimmie Houchin jlhouchin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 16:56:44 EST 2016

Yes, I did not express myself well. What I am meaning is that I do not
expect to have a UI window for the image pop-up. But it does, every time.

The difference that I can find is that I have been downloading VMs from
http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur32/linux/

These VMs have only a "pharo" and not a "pharo-ui". So ./pharo always
opens an image in a UI window.

When I do
wget -O- get.pharo.org/stable+vm | bash

Then it generates a pharo and a pharo-ui script.

This is probably the problem that I am having is that the manual
downloads from the website are not like the zeroconf scripts and so
there are no explicit UI and Headless scripts.

These zeroconf VMs with their differing scripts do exactly as
advertised. Are the generated scripts different for different Linux
distros? Is there a reason for the zipped downloads on the website to
not include them?

I tried the "get" handler and had it install XMLParser. Very nice.

Thanks and Shalom Aleichem.

Jimmie