[Pharo-users] Pharo + git workflow

Dimitris Chloupis kilon.alios at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 08:07:21 EST 2016

fair enough, its obviously your choice, but please note that text
documentation is slowly dying. And no I am not talking about Pharo
documentation.

As you probably aware of , book sales have plummeted the last decade that
adsl connection speed has been rapidly rising. So there is not even a
comparison between the quantity and quality of video tutorials compared to
text tutorial which we see a very steady decline. Even University who have
taken their courses online have solely preferred the video format to text
documentation, although you can still get some text documentation for
reference purposes.

My video tutorial explain the whole process of working pharo with git, to
my knowledge is the only tutorial that does this, it takes from how to do
things with filetree, how to use baselines (i think I included that one but
my connection is down and I cant check this) , how to use git (contrary to
other pharo git documentation that assumes knowledge of git) and how to use
an external gui client (something I highly recommend because there is no
replacement for it with pharo ) . Sourcetree is used as an example , you
can use any other git gui client instead. I chose not to present
gitfiletree because at the time it had problem on both MacOS and Windows,
dont know if Thierry has fixed those issues.