[Pharo-users] Pharo + git workflow

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Jan 25 14:01:41 EST 2016

> Am 25.01.2016 um 18:09 schrieb Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name>:
>
> I'm eager to try a new project with some git repositories. But to be honest I don't really get it. Searching the web there is lots to find but nothing actual.
>
> I don't understand if it is ok to use a ConfigurationOf or if it only works with a BaselineOf. And how do you specify the repository in a ConfigurationOf in order to be able to work locally as well as having jenkins pull everything automatically? Same goes for dependent projects.
>
> Are there any insights to this or pointers to an up-to-date documentation?

My own insights so far when using git:

- I need to use BaselineOf instead of ConfigurationOf. Thus you cannot use Versionner anymore
- I need to load metacello-work from github in order to use bitbucket:// repositories
- Metacello downloads a zip file from the repository to install code. I have no glue how I can download things locally in order to work on the code
- Specifying a path to access a sub-directory of the repository seems not to be possible
- I don't know where to specify credentials because I have a private repo on bitbucket

My conclusion is that if you don't want to use versionner and you have public projects on github using that stuff might seem feasible. If any of those is different it won't work. Right?

Norbert