[Pharo-users] Ready to play guinea pig for UI improvements

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Fri Jan 22 07:16:13 EST 2016

Hi,

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 12:53 PM, Werner Kassens <wkassens at libello.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/22/2016 11:48 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes. That is the type of input that we need.
>>
>> It would be great if others would do the same.
>
> Hi Doru,
> ok, i often use the debugger to test that some code actually does what i intended:
> in the old one i click first on "stack top" and then click through the code with "into" and "over" and simply watch the results in "stack top".
> with the new debugger "stack top" is gone, in the old one it was immediately reachable, since it was very much on the top of that small pane (no scrolling).

Thanks. Indeed, we will add stackTop and thisContext back. They were present when we first integrated, but some said they are not useful for them.

> additionally "into" and "over" became smaller buttons farther away from the variables section, iow more difficult to hit while also watching the lower pane. and btw if i do that on tests, the debugger does not really start at the beginning of the test (also restart does not help),eg open a debugger in 5.0 on FFIPluginTests>>testGenericCharCall and do a "restart": you are at the very end of the test.

I do not understand this one. Could you describe more specifically the scenario?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."