[Pharo-users] Dynamic Typing > Static Typing? « games.greggman.com

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Tue Jan 19 16:09:44 EST 2016

Not that we didn't already know this or that we don't feel like this (else you wouldn't be here), but it is nice to see a concise description and some fact based reasoning around this subject:

> http://games.greggman.com/game/dynamic-typing-static-typing/ <http://games.greggman.com/game/dynamic-typing-static-typing/>

In summary:

In a dynamically typed language you write (a lot) less code for a shorter program that is easier and faster to write and debug, which gives you more time to think about what you are doing, resulting in more reliable programs.

Static typing catches only a (very) small amount of typing errors, that are just as easy to handle as dynamic typing exceptions, but they are a bit faster.

Sven