[Pharo-users] Spec: Populating a playground with a particular content (was Re: Spec: Binding widgets how to)

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sun Jan 17 03:15:00 EST 2016

Hi,

For your tabulator example, you can do something like:

    browser := GLMTabulator new.
    browser title: 'Código'.
    browser column: #code.
    browser transmit
        to: #code;
		  transformed: [ :text | GTPlayPage new content: text ];
        andShow: [ :a :page | a custom: (GTPlayground new startOn: page) ].
    ^ browser openOn: 'a := 42’.

Does this help?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 16, 2016, at 6:24 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <offray at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm still kind of lost here. If I try with these approaches I get a *new* GTPlayground window populated with content, instead of an embedded one. How can I made this GTPlayPage one that is embedded in a spec glamour interface, like the one in the minimalist example: a dictionary with two keys/values: one which is shown as text and other that is shown as a playground, both populated with the content in the dict values and both, embedded in a widget instead of on separate windows. Is this possible with the current Spec-Glamour implementation?, if not how can be it extended to make this happen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray
>
> On 16/01/16 10:36, Johan Fabry wrote:
>> Ah, sorry for the confusion, for the sake of the example I oversimplified things. Let’s say that I have a GTPlayground instance that has been around for some time, and then I want to change its content. What should I do?
>>
>> | play |
>> “play is the GTPlayground instance"
>> play := (GTPlayground new openOn: GTPlayPage new) model.
>>
>> “… lots of things happen … the world turns … sun and moon go up and down … "
>>
>> play entity saveContent: '42'.
>> play update.
>>
>> Still like this ?
>>
>>> On Jan 16, 2016, at 12:27, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Here is a simpler way:
>>> GTPlayground new openOn: (GTPlayPage new content: '42’)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."
>>>

>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>
>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."