[Pharo-users] Spec: Populating a playground with a particular content (was Re: Spec: Binding widgets how to)

Johan Fabry jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl
Sat Jan 16 14:00:22 EST 2016

Well that’s actually much easier. :-) What you need to do is to use the presentationClass:startOn: API method.

| ui |
ui := GlamourPresentationModel new.
ui presentationClass: GTPlayground startOn: (GTPlayPage new saveContent: '42').
ui openWithSpec

I just realized that this was not clear from the examples in the class comment. I have updated the class comment to reflect this.

I hope this resolves all your issues!

> On Jan 16, 2016, at 14:24, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <offray at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm still kind of lost here. If I try with these approaches I get a *new* GTPlayground window populated with content, instead of an embedded one. How can I made this GTPlayPage one that is embedded in a spec glamour interface, like the one in the minimalist example: a dictionary with two keys/values: one which is shown as text and other that is shown as a playground, both populated with the content in the dict values and both, embedded in a widget instead of on separate windows. Is this possible with the current Spec-Glamour implementation?, if not how can be it extended to make this happen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray
>
> On 16/01/16 10:36, Johan Fabry wrote:
>> Ah, sorry for the confusion, for the sake of the example I oversimplified things. Let’s say that I have a GTPlayground instance that has been around for some time, and then I want to change its content. What should I do?
>>
>> | play |
>> “play is the GTPlayground instance"
>> play := (GTPlayground new openOn: GTPlayPage new) model.
>>
>> “… lots of things happen … the world turns … sun and moon go up and down … "
>>
>> play entity saveContent: '42'.
>> play update.
>>
>> Still like this ?

PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile