[Pharo-users] Pharo Docs website broken

Johan Fabry jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl
Mon Jan 11 08:56:09 EST 2016

I better understand the reason for existence of pharodocs, thanks! I also understand that you want to keep it.

BUT: please keep in mind that having bad documentation is actually worse than not having any documentation at all. So ideally you would regenerate the site tonight before you go to sleep. :-)

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 10:41, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> well… maintenance is (usually) just run the generation process.
> Some months ago Guille made a simplified version and I was thinking on just load it and execute it… they go to sleep :)
>
> the reasons for pharodocs to be there are not so important and nothing will change a lot if removed. But I would keep it anyway, if possible.
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 11 Jan 2016, at 14:37, Johan Fabry <jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl <mailto:jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl>> wrote:
>>
>> I never used Pharodoc, I don’t really see the point. And apparently I am not alone. So, I have a provocative question: why don’t you just remove it?
>>
>> It is broken now and it will take energy to fix, and this energy can be much better spent elsewhere. Plus it will take maintenance time and energy at some point in the future, it is probable that it will break again at some point, since the www behaves like this. Just get rid of this burden.

PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile