[Pharo-users] Ctrl-tab not working

David Allouche david at allouche.net
Tue Jan 5 09:25:28 EST 2016

> On 5 Jan 2016, at 15:03, Thierry Goubier <thierry.goubier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Strangely, I am not able get any response from Ctrl-TAB, which is essential to tab out of a text widget.
>
> Looking with the inspector, it looks like it SHOULD do what I need, but it appears that the keyboard event does not get there.
>
> How can I get a transcript output for every detected keyboard event? I suspect that maybe something system-wide in MacOS is intercepting the event.
>
> At high level, do
>
> KMLog setDebug
>
> (and get a transcript open)
>
> to stop it, do
>
> KMLog removeDebug.
>
> (This will give you Keymapping behavior, but remember that: any app can add a key processing on a morph instance manually, and that many morphs have hardwired shortcuts such as navigation keys)
>
> At a lower level, you can trace or add a watchpoint inside:
>
> HandMorph>>#generateKeyboardEvent:
>
> Use that if you don't see your ctrl+tab at the Keymapping level.
>
> Thierry

Thanks.

I added some logging statements to HandMorph>>#generateKeyboardEvent: and they show that this method is not run at all for Ctrl-Tab keyDown events.

But it is run for Ctrl-Tab  keyUp events, and it returns a keyEvent for those.

It does not look like there is a OS level shortcut override for Ctrl-Tab, since it works correctly, in Safari for example (switch tabs).

Could it be a bug in the VM? I am running the Pharo 4.0 release VM and image.

Can anyone else running MacOS can confirm that Ctrl-TAB works for them in Pharo?