[Pharo-users] Dolphin Smalltalk open-sourced...

Pierce Ng pierce at samadhiweb.com
Mon Jan 4 17:45:29 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 02:19:57PM -0300, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
> I cloned the repo and ran BootAll.cmd and it ran right away in my
> Windows 7 64 bit computer.

The same.

I looked into moving source back and forth, and found an implementation of
Smalltalk Interchange File (SIF) by Eric Arseneau from the year 2000.  The
Squeak version files in on Pharo 4 (and Squeak 5) and files some code out
successfully (after a small change in symbol handling). Similarly the Dolphin
version files in but fails to import a Squeak file-out, because Dolphin doesn't
understand {} in Dictionary class>>newFromPairs:.  Next step is to look at the
compiler I suppose. Down the rabbit hole...

SIF is found here: http://www.pocketsmalltalk.com/sif/. Pocket Smalltalk,
now that's a very cool thing.

Pierce