[Pharo-users] Versionner and package dependencies

Christophe Demarey Christophe.Demarey at inria.fr
Mon Jan 4 04:44:42 EST 2016

Hi Cyril,

Le 30 déc. 2015 à 10:17, Ferlicot D. Cyril a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to use versionner to manage some existing configurations but in
> one of these configuration there is some dependencies on packages that
> have no project.
>
> For example in the baseline there is:
>
> 	spec package: 'Glamour-EyeSee-Presentations'
> 		with: [ spec requires: #('EyeSee').
> 			spec repository: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main' ].
>
> But in versionner I can only add a project as dependency.
>
> Is there a way to do such a thing or is it a future feature of versionner?

It is not something we want in Versionner.
An external project must have a configuration to refer to it. If not, you will take random packages without knowing if they have themselves dependencies.
What you should do is to create a project for that and then ask Versionner to only load the package you need (right-click on the project dependency).

Christophe