[Pharo-users] Using Playgrounds as a notepad

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Sun Jan 3 20:21:06 EST 2016

I often find that I need to do simple manipulations to passages of text,
e.g. remove all carriage returns, or extract email addresses etc.

Pasting the text into a Playground doesn't work because there is always an
apostrophe, or line break or... etc. and the playground complains.

Is there a way to tell a Playground to just ignore the text, and give me a
handle to its contents, so that I can then do something like

playgroundId contents splitOn:Character space.

Alternatively, is there another object that would be more appropriate?
Playground would be really useful just because it is in the menu, and
always available.

Cheers
Andy