[Pharo-users] Lawsuit Tracker app

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Sun Jan 3 12:51:10 EST 2016

Hi,

On 03/01/16 08:08, Saša Janiška wrote:

>> What I can tell you is that Pharo is **really** productive.
>> I suggest you to jump and get the feel for real.
>> Then do an analysis of pro and cons.
>> Doing that in the air is just doing it in the air.
> That's good advice...I'm a bit reluctant having feeling there are lot of
> things to learn before really starting, e.g. with some other languages
> it is very easy to provide call to C libs and explore things, while here
> it seems that learning curve is steeper...but I'll jump into it.

I was in a similar place half an a year ago:

https://twitter.com/offrayLC/status/493979407011561473

This is what I'm doing today:

https://offray.withknown.com/2016/matrix-sunburst-visualization-example

So despite of the culture shock, it has been an excellent joyride! I
have never been able to express myself and feel as creative in any other
language/environment as with Pharo/Smalltalk.

Is a different, but valuable travel to take.

Cheers,

Offray