[Pharo-users] [Pharo-dev] Happy new year 2016

stepharo stepharo at free.fr
Sat Jan 2 05:30:56 EST 2016

Le 1/1/16 18:45, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Happy new year Stef, I wish hapiness , creativity and health to you ,
> your family and all Pharoers
>
> I am interesting to learn more about :
>
>      - SDL full integration

     Igor did a pass to integrate better SDL and we should the last bits.
     This was stuck because of Spur and FFI rewrite.
     The idea is that Morphic event should not come from the VM anymore
but from the SDL pluggin
     these events should be turned into OSEvents so that the system is
not poluted by SDL knowleldge (image that tomorrow
     there is a new standard we do not want to rewrite again eveything.
> Package validation
>
> what those mean exactly ?
     You publish your great software in a pharo 50 distribution inbox and
     a robot runs and checks that
         all the tests are green
         the rules you indicated as "should be working" should work.

     This way is package XML is not working people will not get it in
the Pharo distributino
     and they will not say Pharo is crap. I loaded XML and Pharo does
not work.

Stef