[Pharo-users] TestAsserter>>assertCollection:hasSameElements:

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Fri Oct 30 06:55:24 EDT 2015

Peter,
> Adding the feedback generation into makes the API even more
> complicated, because you'd have to ar least pass a String as a fourth
> parameter.
> So we'd end up with:
>

> assertExecuting: aBlock with: listOfArguments resultsIn:
> expectedResult otherwise: failureString.

... and if you - like me - wonder if this would be any better than the
current #assert:description: and some additional bindWith:'s for
reusable nicer error texts, we may finally agree that we can as well
leave SUnit as it is ... and bite the bullet of writing a bit more code
for better feedback.

> In this form, I am sure nobody would use it. Or just for very special
> and important tests. So all that I can come up with for now is
> insufficient, unfortunately. Sure, there can be variants that provide
> some standard parameters for most of the arguments, but the base
> problem remains that the API is clumsy.
So my whole point boils down to: please don't add too much cruft to
SUnit just to get better feedback.

Joachim