[Pharo-users] What is your preferred way for storing ByteArray's as text?

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:35:25 EDT 2015

Hello all,

As some already know I'm working in the new GLORP port from VW to Pharo.

And as part of minor modifications I'm making to the code, I'd like to know
what is your preferred way of storing ByteArrays as text
representation/CLOB, etc...

Option A) The printString of ByteArray, it is #[23 12 253 ...]
Option B) A Base64 encoded version of the ByteArray
Option C) Some other encoding

I posted the same question in the #databases channel at Pharo's Slack team (
https://pharoproject.slack.com/archives/databases/p1446130304000022)

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo