[Pharo-users] A stopwatch tool with calendar support

Jimmie Houchin jlhouchin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 16:22:54 EDT 2015

This is one of the things I love about Pharo and over time hope to see
more of.

I would love to see apps in Pharo which are equal and better to native
OS apps. I would love to see the day that a high percentage of what we
want to do can be done from within our Pharo environment. Thus leaving
the OS simply as a layer between Pharo and the hardware. A necessary
tool, expedient for the time. At least until we have a PharoOS.

This would allow us to have a very portable computing experience. And we
would care if we are on Linux, Windows, or MacOS. Somewhat similar to
the way you have window managers or graphical toolkits in Linux. Maybe
even get to the place I can put this on top of a nice NetBSD and have
very few requirements outside of the main OS and Pharo.

Just a dream of mine. One that I plan to contribute to.

Jimmie