[Pharo-users] How to programatically select an item in a Spec TreeModel ?

Thierry Goubier thierry.goubier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 04:09:15 EDT 2015

Le 24/10/2015 13:20, Ferlicot D. Cyril a écrit :
> Le 24/10/2015 08:11, Peter Uhnák a écrit :
>>      Waiting for the FT-based rewrite is the thing to do.
>>

>> If by waiting you mean doing FT-based rewrite, then sure. :)
>>
>> Unless Cyril is going to do the rewrite himself.

> Hi,
>
> Create a FTTree should be my next work :)
> I already begun a FTTree with one sublevel but this is only a first
> shot. I think it's possible to do cleaner and faster.

With the FT core code, I'm having success mapping the tree to an array
(i.e. providing an #at: anIndex) for the tree. But then, need to
optimise #at: (or the FT code iterating over the tree with #at:).

Note that the widget should not have a knowledge of the tree depth (or
the depth of an item of the tree). Otherwise the code becomes very
complex (i.e. PluggableTreeMorph and MorphTreeMorph), for no good reason
at all.

Enjoy your design ;)

Thierry