[Pharo-users] Pharo family update
Hernán Morales Durand
hernan.morales at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:24:20 EDT 2015
Some feedback about the visualization:
- The OmniBrowser is not supported anymore in Pharo. You could add Nautilus
which is the browser implementation (but not a browser library).
- Monticello, Gofer and Metacello could be closer. I think Versionner and
FileTree (or GitFileTree) should be in.
- Finder could be in near Spotter (I never used Spotter).
- Event "framework" is missing (Announcement).
- Mondorian -> Mondrian. But I think that is part of Roassal now (same with
- There could be another category for Science with SciSmalltalk (and
BioSmalltalk of course :)
- CommandShell, OSProcess, ProcessWrapper, FFI.
- Spec could be added too.
- The Twitter Bootstrap is nice too.
- Logging support?
- VM packages?
About categories I would group in different way but it's personal choice.
Like Reflection, Code Analysis, Persistency, App Model Frameworks (Chalten,
2015-10-23 18:58 GMT-03:00 Adam <adam at 234.cz>:
> I just updated drawing of projects around Pharo.
> Main idea is to guide people (new users of Pharo) through fields of
> - something they might be looking for. I choose these 10 fields devided
> some specific subjects. Somewhere it is too detailed, while elsewhere it is
> too fuzzy - it is just showing image of Pharo I have in my mind.
> It should help people to:
> - identify important classes in Pharo,
> - select right project,
> - understand what is application, tool or framework,
> - see what is allready inside main Pharo image.
> I would like to add links pointing to part of books or to videos where
> specific projects are used. And maybe a star symbol for very important or
> enterprise ready projects.
> As You can see I left few subjects empty. Maybe someone can help me fill
> But I will be happy for any type of correction - changing fields of
> subjects, adding/removing projects etc...
> I prepared textual version on github - but right now it is not coherent
> the drawing (I will correct this if needed).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pharo-users