[Pharo-users] Updated Pharo By Example

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at inria.fr
Fri Oct 23 03:50:38 EDT 2015

Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.alios at gmail.com> writes:

> "Yes we can ask oscar and after will host it also at books.pharo.org and in
> HTML version too as for all the other books.

please contact "Oscar Nierstrasz" <oscar at iam.unibe.ch> to:

- get the website sources
- redirect pharobyexample.org to files.pharo.org/books/pharobyexample

> "pay attention. I think that we should minimize UI elements and external
> frameworks because else we will have more work in 4 years from now. "
>
> What do you mean ?

Stephane wants to facilitate migration of UPBE to Pharo 6/7/8/... For
that, the book should limit the number of screenshots and fine-grained
tutorials such as "Left click Here, press the button name 'That Way',
you will see a window looking like That". These fine-grained
instructions are a pain to update and need to change with each version
of Pharo. It is ok to have some, but not too much.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill