[Pharo-users] Fossil and Filetree

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Wed Oct 21 17:04:12 EDT 2015

Hi Stef,

Thanks for this review. Because of its portability and simplicity I use
it for every project I have. Since 2011 I'm writing my thesis as a solo
"open research" exercise (before it get fashioned ;-) time line at [1]).
Now I used in conjunction with STON to write all the thesis inside
pharo, nothing fancy, just put STON grafoscopio trees inside a fossil
repo a run commit from shell. Still I need to make STON DVCS friendly
(long strings made fossil to treat it as a binary, but I haven't had the
time to explore Sven's advice on this. My proposal on "pocket
infrastructures"[2] tries to put Pharo, Fossil and SQLite as a
bootstrapable (install pharo and it installs the rest) self contained
system for interactive writing.

[1]
http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/doctorado-offray/timeline?n=500&y=all&v=0
[2]
https://www.newschallenge.org/challenge/data/evaluation/data-kitchen-frictionless-data-moldable-tools-pocket-infrastructures-permanent-workshops-for-community-empowerment

May Jimmie, Hilaire and you have more success into putting Fossil in the
community radar :-).

Cheers,

Offray