[Pharo-users] Fossil and Filetree

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Oct 20 05:09:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have been trying Fossil with Filetree, and I was rather please by the
mutuals use of these tools. So I may share a few feedbacks.
Fossil[1] itself is a software to manage source code development. It is
very simple to install and data is saved in a single sqlite database. It
comes with source code management, bug tracker, web interface, wiki and
timeline tools.

I was a bit afraid by the filetree atomic commit (one file per method)
to manage it without much headache with file based VCS. However fossil
comes with a nice command: 'fossil addremove' to add/remove the changed
files in the repo. So it went fine.

So all in all, it is pretty nice if one want to move to a private souce
code management system with very little requirement.

Hilaire

[1] http://www.fossil-scm.org

--
Dr. Geo