[Pharo-users] Voting for removing Seaside chapter from UPBE

Dimitris Chloupis kilon.alios at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:54:00 EDT 2015

I already mentioned this in Github issues but here is my take on this

I vote for the complete removal of the Seaside chapter for several reasons

a) Its not a begineer orientated chapter as is the focus of this book
b) its not general purpose as is the focus of this book
c) far harder to keep this updated constantly which again is the focus of
this book, since not many of us use seaside
d) It already has its own book and its own documentation which we can
easily refer to.

e) Its not even part of Pharo standard distribution

So I vote for the complete removal of this chapter so we have one less
thing to worry about updating and since its my personal opinion that it
does not fit the general character of this book.

I would like your thoughts  on this since its a big change.