[Pharo-users] Thanks for Pharo

Jimmie Houchin jlhouchin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:42:11 EDT 2015

On 10/19/2015 08:59 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 15:39, Jimmie Houchin <jlhouchin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 10/18/2015 11:51 AM, Ben Coman wrote:
>>> Thanks very much for your thoughts Jimmie.  Day to day, its easy to
>>> take for granted what we have.

>>> Stef's "Pharo Vision" [1] document was a big part of what drew me to
>>> Pharo.  Not necessarily what was in it, but more just that there was
>>> such a vision.
>>>
>>> [1] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30434/PharoVision.pdf
>> Absolutely. This is a very important thing. A vision that moves the community and project forward is exceptionally important.
>>
>> To me  a project without a vision statement or at least a roadmap is direction less and quite possible dying. Show me some life before I invest my time.
> We (Doru and me) will write a new roadmap over the next weeks… so many things are happening, we need to get the current
> planning and how everything fits into one document…
>
> 	Marcus

Thank you both for doing this. It is a valuable asset to the community.
It helps those of us who aren't driving the project to see where we are
going and hopefully how we can help.

Thank you both for all you do. I really enjoy your talk Nomads do not
build Cathedrals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcoy5gwUvOA

I believe this is an important thing for people coming to Pharo to
understand about Pharo, its vision and its processes.

I also love Doru's videos. Very inspirational. Some of the shorts are so
dramatic with graphics and sound, I almost feel like I need to turn the
lights out and get some popcorn. :)

Thanks.

Jimmie