[Pharo-users] Pharo and SQLite

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Thu Oct 15 16:49:17 EDT 2015

Hi Jimmie,

Nice to see you exploring bridges between Pharo and the external world
(that was my message about how I planned to contribute to pharo) and
thanks for the reference about the "Git: just say no" video from Hipp
(food for my rants with git possessed friends ;-) ).

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtpJnrdgbo

My app uses fossil for storage and exports documents in plain text using
STON[2] format and with this combination I can have a remote storage
facility which is also pretty portable (just depending on Pharo and a
fossil portable binaries). Because I'm working with documents, STON
files can have long text inside, which is treated by fossil like
binaries and I had not have the time to explore some Sven's suggestions
to make it diff friendly. Also I would like some yaml import export on
Pharo (maybe via STON). Pharo + Yaml/STON + Fossil could bring us some
kind of free schema, human readable, external and distributed storage
system that can talk pretty well with the rest of the world.

Anyway I just want to point that are more people interested in simple
and external persistence using Hipps ideas and products. Maybe fossil +
STON can work for you also.

[2] https://github.com/svenvc/ston/blob/master/ston-paper.md

Keep us posted,

Offray