[Pharo-users] Pharo and VPS

Jimmie Houchin jlhouchin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 11:17:52 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am exploring getting a VPS similar to the 1GB option.
https://www.linode.com/pricing

I have not selected a company or service at this time so this is simply
an example and one of my options.

I have not used such a service before.

How suitable is Pharo currently for such an use case?
Will Pharo and its polling and constant minimum cpu usage be a problem?

I am wanting to learn to use VPS/Cloud services. I am wanting to play
with a web server, wiki, blog. I want control of my tools and not the
standard LAMP setup that so commonly offered.

Any wisdom on Pharo in such an environment, pros and cons, greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimmie