[Pharo-users] Pharo messaging

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:20:00 EDT 2015

> Hi,
>
> Lots of message apps in use today (WhatsApp, Telegram, ...) on phones and mobile
> devices. There is "WhatsAPI" [1] - but my understanding is that it was closed for
> legal/security reasons. There are other solutions like Telegram that also have an API [2].
>
> What options do we have in Pharo these days:
>
>  - to send messages from Pharo to a phone
>  - receive messages from an app to control a Pharo image remotely
>    from a phone or communicate

For a prospect we had some months ago I played with Twilio
(https://www.twilio.com/).
We had to send SMSs and make calls with "options".

I performed a few tests using its REST interface with Curl, and it is
pretty straightforward. It wouldn't be hard to implement a REST client
directly in Pharo, as we already have for services like Mandrill.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo