[Pharo-users] [ANN] Windows support for GitFileTree

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 00:19:00 EDT 2015

Hi Thierry,

Providing some feedback here.

I couldn't add a remote repository (image hangs) using Pharo 5. Working
with GitHub Bash and SSH connections I think one needs to re-use ssh-agent
environment variables before launching git commands. For example if
ssh-agent.exe was sucessfully started and MSYS says:

$ env | grep ^SSH
SSH_AGENT_PID=5784
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-Jpgwx10860/agent.10860

then from CMD.exe one could get both values using:

C:\> wmic process where ExecutablePath='c:\\Program Files
(x86)\\Git\\bin\\ssh-agent.exe' get ProcessId

C:\> find /tmp/ssh-* -name agent.\* -uid $(id -u)|head -n 1

I have attached a change set with some refactorings and new methods to
enable setting ssh-agent variables. It is not finished and it needs review.
I do not have too much time but is a start, I hope.

Cheers,

Hernán