[Pharo-users] How do I run Pharo on Debian?

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at inria.fr
Wed Oct 7 10:35:44 EDT 2015

justonium <justinorthrop at gmail.com> writes:

> I've downloaded Pharo 4.0. When I open the folder that was downloaded
> (pharo4.0), I see a file called pharo. I think I'm supposed to run this, but
> I don't know how. When I right click it, there is no run option. What should
> I do?

Which file did you download exactly?

I have the impression your downloaded the executable file. This is good.
You now need:

- a Pharo image. Is there a file with a .image extension inside?

- a Pharo Sources file. Is there a file with a .sources extension inside?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill