[Pharo-users] Better Code Completion

Werner Kassens wkassens at libello.com
Tue Oct 6 05:57:13 EDT 2015

On 10/06/2015 09:09 AM, Nicolai Hess wrote:
>  > Since Object has almost 500 methods whatever I will start typing
> Object/TClass/TBehavior/... will have a list of answers...
>
> I think this is difficult, even though this classes are big and you
> don't use most of the methods,

Hi Nicolai,
imagine that code-completion is a game and the computer wins, if the
user mostly uses the first few proposals. perhaps one could program
several different heuristics, that decide, what the user wants.
depending on the user choices, the weights for these heuristics get
updated accordingly and then the choices get sorted with those weights.
this way the code-completion could adapt to the way each user works?
werner