[Pharo-users] Pillar for 30 gone the way of the dodo on the CI

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at inria.fr
Thu Oct 1 07:15:48 EDT 2015

phil at highoctane.be <phil at highoctane.be> writes:

> Which is a pain as when I copy/paste a shell script full of those, I won't
> do that.

I agree that's a pain. But you have to do it.

> Is this also doing the same thing in blocks like:
>
> [[[label=.bashrc|caption=Ajouts à .bashrc|language=bash
>
> ${SOMEVAR:-}
>
> ]]]

text between [[[ and ]]] is used verbatim and thus not parsed by Pillar.
You can safely use Pillar-protected characters in there and they won't
be interpreted.

> I am not gonna escape those things as what happens is copy/pasting code.
> That there are no such directives in Markdiwn is what makes it nice to use
> and hassle free.

this is also what makes Markdown less powerful. We had to find a
compromise. I think the ${tag}$ is a good one because it is pluggable.
We can use it for many things: file inclusion, table of content
declaration, bibliography citations, any plugin you can think of.

> I would escape your directives and leave the core of the text alone.

I didn't get that.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st