[Pharo-users] Pharo 1

Roelof Wobben r.wobben at home.nl
Mon Mar 31 09:03:57 EDT 2014

Stephan Eggermont schreef op 31-3-2014 14:37:
> Hello Roelof,
>
> That is a disadvantage of having a one-click that opens everywhere.
> It contains a script telling the executable which image to open.
> You should be able to find your image, and drag it onto the vm
> to open. If you just gave it a different name, it is in
> Contents\Resources
> You might want to change your pharo.ini to point to the right image.
>
> Experienced smalltalkers don’t worry too much about saving (and
> disposing of) images. Source code is versioned using Monticello
> (a few chapters away) and we use continuous integration to build
> new images whenever source code has changed, effectively
> giving us a new image to work with each morning.
>
> Stephan

Thanks,

Next problem.
According to the manual I have to make a new "script"  on the
initializing protocol.
So I did this :

initialize
     | sampleCell width  height n |
     super initialize.
     n:=self CellsPerSide.
     sampleCell := LOCell new.
     width := sampleCell width.
     height := sampleCell height.
     self bounds: (5*5 extent: ((width * n ) @(height * n)) + ( 2  *
self BorderWidth)).
     cells:= Matrix new: n tabulate: [:i :j| self newCellAt: i at: j]

CellsPerSide
      "The number of cells along each side of the game"
           ^ 10

but Pharo 1 makes this :

initialize
     | sampleCell width  height n |
     super initialize.
     n:=self CellsPerSide.
     sampleCell := LOCell new.
     width := sampleCell width.
     height := sampleCell height.
     self bounds: (5*5 extent: ((width * n ) @(height * n)) + ( 2  *
self BorderWidth)).
     cells:= Matrix new: n tabulate: [:i :j| self newCellAt: i at: j]

CellsPerSide
      "The number of cells along each side of the game"
           Nothing more expected ->^ 10

What did I do wring this time ?

Roelof