[Pharo-users] writing my own method problem .

Ben Coman btc at openInWorld.com
Sun Mar 30 13:59:27 EDT 2014

Roelof Wobben wrote:
> Esteban Lorenzano schreef op 30-3-2014 16:31:
>> you are using a dot:
>>
>> self DOT assert: is wrong syntax.
>>
>> you need just a space:
>>
>> self assert:
>>
>> Esteban
>>
>> On 30 Mar 2014, at 11:26, Roelof Wobben <r.wobben at home.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have to make my own method but when I enter this:
>>>
>>> testShout
>>>   self.assert: ( 'Do not panic' shout = "DO NO PANIC")
>>>
>>> The editor makes this :
>>>
>>> testShout
>>>   self. Nothing more expected ->assert: ( 'Do not panic' shout = "DO
>>> NO PANIC")
>>>
>>> And I do not get a message that shout does not exist.
>>>
>>> Roelof
>>>

> Thanks,
> it worked,
> Now a problem with the arrow above.
> According to the manual I have to type ^).
> But then I see the same error message as above.
>
> Roelof

Happy to help*  if you can give the whole line, or a page and a line
number from PBE.  Otherwise its shooting in the dark trying to guess
what you need.

cheers -ben

*except I'm off to bed right now - but I'm sure that with that info
someone else can chime in.