[Pharo-users] Pavel's CCodeGenerator works under Windows MinGW: sweet

Goubier Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Wed Mar 26 04:20:46 EDT 2014

Le 26/03/2014 09:11, Marcus Denker a écrit :

> On 26 Mar 2014, at 09:06, Goubier Thierry <thierry.goubier at cea.fr> wrote:

>>> One thing we need to do eventually is to have a SLANG that does not use the old AST and Parser… but the RB AST instead.
>>
>> I'm curious about that. I'll have a look to see how hard it would be to make the change (I'm deep in parser and AST land at the moment).
>>
> The nice thing would be that it would just a visitor… very similar to Opal: 1) do semantic analysis 2) a visitor emitting C code.

Yes, this is what I expected to find.

> Later one could then even have a real intermediate representation (maybe the one of Sista?) and do some optimisation there, with all
> control flow information instead of using the AST.

Hum, this means however rewritting a bunch of compiler optimisation stuff.

> Ah, and there is Waterfall: http://hal.inria.fr/hal-00871353
>
> This already contains a SLANG based on the RB AST… but compiling with native boost ASMJIT as a backend, not C.

Cool. I'll read that.

I'm on to some AST to LLVM-IR thing in an HPC-oriented European project,
so I'll get first-hand knowledge of yet another path to binary generation.

Thierry
--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list