[Pharo-users] Pavel's CCodeGenerator works under Windows MinGW: sweet

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 01:37:50 EDT 2014

Unbelievable... I stare how open source can work :-) I started this project
yesterday so it can hardly translate more than the small examples and of
course it had no announcement.

So, CCodeGenerator is the standalone translator from Smalltalk to plain C
extracted from VMMaker. It should be able now generate other projects than
the VM. You can write a shared library in trimmed Smalltalk (
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/slang), debug it in Smalltalk IDE and then
translate to C and compile. With NativeBoost binding (that will be
generated in future versions automatically) you can use it simply from
Smalltalk again. So you can write some parts of your projects in Smalltalk
that will run on speed of C.

Thank you Phil, I added you as a contributor. If others want to have write
access to the repository, let me know.

Cheers,
-- Pavel