[Pharo-users] Configuration Browser

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Fri Mar 21 14:33:50 EDT 2014

Hi Markus,

On 21 Mar 2014, at 18:44, Markus Fritsche <fritsche.markus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is not having a field for description or a link to a description in ConfigurationBrowser a design decision?
>
> Best regards,
>   Markus

A Metacello configuration is just a single class inside a Monticello package. The Configuration Browser lists all those MC packages from a repository.

Recently, we started with a convention for a couple of methods that form a meta description of the configuration.

 https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoProjectCatalog/HTML_Report/?

It will take a while before all those descriptions are added.

However, in order to see them, you have to load the configuration (not install the code), it is not enough to just look at the MC package. There is no easy solution.

HTH,

Sven