[Pharo-users] Phratch Website + version 3.0 in dev

jannik laval jannik.laval at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:42:21 EDT 2014

> Great news!
>
> Le 19/03/2014 15:10, jannik laval a écrit :
> > - version 3.0 is the version in development. What is new here: Before
> > this version Phratch was really slow. I am cleaning the code, and now it
> > begins to be fast, really fast ! We also begun to write tests.
>
> I am curious. What did you finally find out for speed up?

Hum, some crappy things.
For example, to manage the z-index of the bubble talk:
- a loop to draw all the morph
- a second loop that select the buuble (isKindOf: bubble !!!) and draw only
the bubble.
These two loops are in the same method and called on each step... for a
bubble that appears only 1 or 2 times in an application

Removing the second loop makes Phratch 2x faster.

I am continuing to clean that.
I also find the problem with click-event. Now when I click, it works fine !

Cheers,
Jannik

--

~~Jannik Laval~~