[Pharo-users] Pharo3 release delayed!

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:55:54 EDT 2014

Ladies and gentlemen,

For achieving a great 3.0 release we still have some tasks that we still need to prepare. They are not many, but we (Pharo Board) think it deserves some more effort:

1) Technically, there are still some minor bugs to tackle around RPackage and Nautilus. We do not miss much and that could be done in a couple of days work (in fact, I'm working on them and trying to have it before
going to Argentina next week), but in order to be sure, we better wait a bit :). It would be great to see more eyeballs focused on these issues.
2) We want to create a real marketing strategy this time, and that requires preparation time. "Marketing strategy" sounds probably really bombastic, but in our case it means to create pages, send mails, construct the progress log, etc. We we need some time to prepare it properly.

So... Pharo3 release date has been moved to April 22.

Cheers,
Esteban