[Pharo-users] [ANN] Pharo Days 2015. The Pharo summit is back!

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Thu Dec 4 03:39:24 EST 2014

> On 04 Dec 2014, at 08:26, stepharo <stepharo at free.fr> wrote:
>

> Le 3/12/14 17:31, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
>>> On 03 Dec 2014, at 17:18, phil at highoctane.be wrote:
>>>
>>> What does € 89 — For Pharo Consortium Members (1, 2 or 4 for silver, bronze or gold) mean?
>> If you have an active Pharo Consortium membership, you can get a discounted entry price. This depends on the level: 1 discount for bronze, 2 for silver and 4 for gold. This is something that was part of the consortium membership deal from the beginning and it also make a lot of sense since these companies and organisations already contribute a significant sum of money to Pharo.
>
> Let me comment a bit significant ...

I meant 'significant' when compared to the cost of participating to the Pharo Days.

> Inria put around 300 K on the table as people may know and mentioned on the consortium yearly report.

Yes, INRIA is the main sponsor of the Pharo project, directly and indirectly. Anyone involved in the community for some period of time knows this. We all appreciate this a lot.

Now, just to be clear: the direct yearly contribution of consortium members is 20 to 30 K a year, your 300 K is the sum over 4 years (according to the report). So INRIA approximately doubles the direct contributions, which is very cool.

And obviously, we need more consortium members.

But I also appreciate those direct contributions by consortium members a lot: it is a significant amount of money. So: thank you !