[Pharo-users] [ann] moose 4.8
tudor at tudorgirba.com
Fri Sep 13 01:04:20 EDT 2013
We are happy to announce version 4.8 of the Moose Suite:
This was supposed to be a minor release, but in the end it turned out to be
a major release with significant improvements.
The key highlights are:
- Based on Pharo 2.0.
- All built-in visualizations use Roassal.
- Roassal received a significant performance boost and new smart graph
layouts like TreeMapLayout or ForceBasedLayout.
- Roassal uses Athens for nice looking vectorial graphics.
- New charting engine based on Roassal: Graph-ET.
- Glamour changed to enable dynamic scripts, while still remaining backward
- Glamour received a RubricTextPresentation for using the new Rubric text
- Glamour, Roassal, EyeSee, Graph-ET editors are more robust when dealing
with errors in scripts.- New GTDebugger with dedicated workflows for
Announcements, PetitParser and Glamour itself.
- Extended GTInspector for several object types.
- Usable version of GTMetaceller for handling Metacello configurations.
- FAMIX was strengthen to handle functions better in various programming
- New free type fonts and simpler whitespace-loving theme.
- Lower memory footprint for large models.
- Faster MSE import.
A list of issues addressed in this release can be found at:
The Moose Suite 4.8 comes for each platform as a separate bundle:
The Moose Suite 4.8 can also be loaded in a Pharo 2.0 image either from the
Configuration Browser, or by executing the following script:
smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Moose';
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose)
project version: '4.8-snapshot') load
The Moose Team
"Every thing has its own flow"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pharo-users