[Pharo-users] working with athens balloon

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Tue Jun 12 16:45:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 12 Jun 2012, at 22:14, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2012, at 10:02 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> The StrikeFonts are still not supported by default :(. The problem is that until the VM will have the right plugin by default it's going to be difficult to adopt this canvas widely.
>>
>> Btw, where do I get the VM plugin (for Mac and Windows)?
>
> Normally on the latest cocoa VM (may be I got it wrong)
> Now igor worked nights (and day) to get the plugin managed nicely with CMake.
> I think that what he did is really a good step forward to avoid statically linking old libraries :).
> It also means that we will be able to provide users a real experience (no sudo port universal bullshit).

Sorry for the confusion. I know about the work on Cairo. This will be so cool to get out of the box. I cannot wait :).

I was referring to support for FreeTypeFonts. I am a bit confused on how to work with system fonts.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't.