[Pharo-users] DBXTalk & seaside / success in Pier one-click / my 1.4 woes follow-up

Cam S camsanders at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 18:16:49 EDT 2012

In my quest to get more than one tool working in one image, I built another
image. This time I started with a Pier download (today, June 10, 2012)
one-click image, and simply attempted load the DBXTalk. Reading straight
from the DBXTalk Documentation page
(http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/Documentation).  See below.

The Pier-based image did not mask the problems I was having in the Pharo1.4
w/Zinc based image, and so I was able to debug the problems related to
#asComponent, so that #asComponent works on DBXTalk built classes. Hence
the changes to DBXTalk of the former post. However, when the changes are
put into my Pharo1.4/zinc/DBXTalk/seaside image, still, nothing is rendered
for the "... asComponent addValidatedForm" -- at least I can move forward
with my interfaces by using the Pier image.

Unfortunately, Fuel does not work in this Pier based image, so I still have
the situation where different images allow me to do different combinations,
but not one that allows me to operate my application completely. (Maybe if
i put my head in the sand the problems will go away... ?)

-Cam

- The loading script for DBXTalk -

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfOpenDBXDriver';
    load.

(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOpenDBXDriver)
    perform: #project)
        perform: #version: with: #stable)
            load.

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
    load.

(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX)
    perform: #project)
        perform: #version: with: #stable)
            load.

"If you want to use the PostgreSQL smalltalk native driver, you can execute
instead:"

"(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX)
    perform: #project)
        perform: #version: with: #stable)
            load: 'GlorpPostgresV2Native'."

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXTools';
    load.

(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXTools)
    perform: #project)
        perform: #version: with: #stable)
            load: 'Phoseydon'.

"BUT... this err'd so then I manually pulled in most of the DBXTalk
packages via monticello.
"

Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfDBXTools';
    load.

(((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDBXTools)
    perform: #project)
        perform: #version: with: #stable)
            load: 'Neptuno'