[Pharo-users] How do you guys navigate while editing code?

Patrik Sundberg patrik.sundberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:42:00 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com> wrote:

> Patrik,
>
> For me the CTL-m, CTL-n, and CTL-b are your greatest friends:
>
>   - CTL-m gives you _implementors_ of the selected message
>     (can select message in method in browser and args are ignored)
>   - CTL-n gives you _senders_
>   - CTL-b looks up and browses the class
>
> 'find class' is the other menu item that I use often as you can type in a
> partial name (doesn't use regex) and prompts you with list of class names

Is it just me or do you really have to SELECT the text and then use the
keyboard shortcut? I.e. if I just leave the cursor on a message and hit the
shortcut I'd have thought it'd would use the closest message, i.e. the
message that the position of the cursor is part of. Seems to do nothing for
me. I have to go and select the text first and then hit it. That doesn't
seem workable to me for some reason.

Cmd-m give a list of implementors - my majority case (or common enough that
I need a key) is I want the implementor in the current class. Anyone know
if such a shortcut exist? Not finding it.

Finally I use 'search method source with it' where I select a substring and