[Pharo-users] Recovery log thoughts

Chris cpmbailey at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 22 15:23:04 EDT 2012

One area I see some beginners struggle with image development is with
regards to losing work, and I feel that Pharo's recovery log could be
improved to help with this.

Two scenarios that come to mind are firstly where methods are filed in
that created an instance variable at method save the first time round.
These log to the transcript that the variable is now undeclared, but
that can go unseen, and the result is things appearing to work while you
only have one instance of that object. Could this bring up a similar
prompt maybe? Another difficulty is that you can not simply file in all
selections as any do-it's which were done in a different context will
fail. Is there any way we can differentiate the important do-it's such
as class definitions, selector removes and so on from the rest?

Regards,
Chris