[Pharo-users] WaveFront File importer on Pharo

Luc Fabresse luc.fabresse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 03:44:29 EDT 2012

Hi JB,

 Excellent!
 I tried to give it a try for the fun.
 I couldn't make it work.

 I updated some stuff (find it attached):
 - ConfigurationOfObjModel-LucFabresse.2.mcz
    added repository for package OBJModel in baseline
 - OBJModel-LucFabresse.7
    add support for empty lines and "g" lines in wavefront format parser
(ObjImporter>>dispach:)

 Here the snippet I tried:

filename := 'teapot.obj'.
response := ZnEasy get: 'http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/data/obj/
',filename.
(FileSystem disk workingDirectory / filename)
writeStreamDo: [ :stream | stream nextPutAll: response contents].

s := ObjImporter importFrom: filename.
s parse.
object := s objects.

w := GLWorldTest new.
object do: [:e | w addElement: e].
w openInWorld.

Parsing seems to be ok.
But, creating the GL context failed: invalid pixel format.
On a mac OSX 10.6.8.

I am eager to play deeper with that ;-)

#Luc