[Pharo-users] WaveFront File importer on Pharo

Jean Baptiste Arnaud jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:35:21 EDT 2012

I have transparency now and i beginning texturing.
I just need to check the rule for drawing to be more accurate with .obj model (basically change to parameter and take the best result).
I need to parse and to rewrite all the path for texture it did not find (every texture in fact, blender export in a really strange way).
And in addition there are plenty of different kind of texture and I need to learn OpenGL. :-)
i already success to texturing the vador starship. I need to generalise process now.

On Jul 18, 2012, at 7:37 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Very nice!
>
> Doru
>

> On 17 Jul 2012, at 14:21, Jean Baptiste Arnaud wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Under the pressure of Camillo i publish the code.
>> I beginning to do a Wavefront (human readable standard for 3d Obj Model ) importer on Pharo.
>>
>> So i made a importer.
>> Not all the case are manage, only the case I need to import the current Obj model.
>>
>> And a drawer which is in Alpha version.
>> face and normal vector are manage.
>> Missing color (in progress), and texturing.
>>
>> You need .obj file and all the .mtl related (open you blender and make it nice).
>>
>> If you are not running on Mac os comment this code in GLWorldTest>>#render, the
>>
>> 	display makeCurrent.
>>
>> else if you running on mac os implement it in
>> NBMSAAOffscreenDisplay>>#makeCurrent
>> 	^driver makeCurrent.
>>
>> My code can be find on JBARepo on squeaksource
>> ObjModel Package but you need NBOpenGL (i do a configuration in same place i just need to be motivated for keep it up to date).
>>
>> So
>> put on same folder of the .image your .obj and .mtl file (i am lazy) (maybe it is VM folder i do not know).
>> open a workspace and do
>>
>> "s := ObjImporter importFrom: 'xwing-map.obj'.
>> s parse.
>> object := s objects.
>>
>> w := GLWorldTest new.
>> object do: [:e | w addElement: e].
>> w openInWorld."
>>
>> 3d result with normal
>> <Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 1.59.22 PM.png>
>>

>> With normal and color but not texture :
>>
>> <Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 1.58.18 PM.png>
>>
>> Enjoy
>>

>> Best Regards
>> Jean Baptiste Arnaud
>> jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To utilize feedback, you first have to acquire it."

Best Regards
Jean Baptiste Arnaud
jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com