[Pharo-dev] FW: Versioning with Iceberg

ducasse stepharo at netcourrier.com
Fri May 31 07:55:45 EDT 2019

Hi Shape

May I suggest that you ask clear questions if you want to engage nice people to help you.

Now we as a community will not use Monticello/smalltalkhub anymore
We are all moving to git and iceberg is really nicely working. Iceberg will get a bit more love in the future
in Pharo 80. Now we spent around 1.5 years to build it and the 450 pharo packages are managed with Iceberg
and many other projects so it works. We will probably improve iceberg again.

We will try to make sure that we can still load MC package but since MC package are merely
zipped files you will be able to load them by loading the st file.

Now this is not Pharo fault if you load a project that did not create a stable version of Pharo7.0.

If a baseline says “load latest version” then why iceberg would load only Pharo 70 version?

So now you can get frustrated and confused.
But did you read the booklet on how to manage code in Pharo70? books.pharo.org <http://books.pharo.org/>
Did you check the wiki and the documentation?

Stef