[Pharo-dev] Smalltalk to Smalltalk interface

ducasse stepharo at netcourrier.com
Fri May 31 07:53:13 EDT 2019

Hi

> What is the means of communication used between VW and Pharo to pass STON
> files as objects?
> I would like something where VW starts up Pharo and asks Pharo to do
> something that is not available in VW and pass back the answers.

So did you try to build it?

> I think all the Smalltalk dialects should be able to call each other with
> easy to attain the union of all the capabilities of Smalltalk dialects. No
> need to port one dialect to another but to collaborate in execution.

I think many things but what I do is to take the most important ones and
work on them.

You see the future is Pharo. Now what can you do to prepare your future.
Do you have tests?
Because the day where you will really want to migrate then they will be your best friends.
I decided that I will never ever program and invest in a system that is not open-source.