[Pharo-dev] Versioning with Iceberg

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Thu May 30 17:42:22 EDT 2019

> On 30 May 2019, at 11:55, Shaping <shaping at uurda.org> wrote:
>
> 7.0.3.  It loaded after a fresh clone of pharo, but with a detached head.

So are you trying to actually contribute to Pharo? You don’t normally need to reload pharo (if I’ve understood what you are doing). I think ben has raised a bug for you for that.

However, back to your other question - I had misunderstood - actually you can load specific project (like exercism)  via Iceberg (although a metacello script is often more convenient - and sometimes more precise) - if you pick Add, then choose GitHub, then enter the owner and project (e.g. for exercism - owner = exercism, project = pharo-smalltalk), this will get you the baseline (but won’t load any packages).

Now you have to right click on the repository, and pick the Metacello menu item, and then you can load baseline (which gives you the default), or you can enter a group name (e.g. ‘dev’ for exercism).

If you want a different version than master, then have to open the repository view (cmd-r), there you can select a tag to load, and then you can use the metecallo menu.

You can also (although somewhat painfully), right click on all the packages in a repository and select “load” to do them one by one.

Hope this helps.

Tim